Jump to content
Enpass Discussion Forum

Android keyboard password bar not working pixel 7


solgar
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @all

We have rolled out our latest update for Enpass Android (v6.8.5), in which we have fixed this reported concern regarding autofilling in Android 13. We would greatly appreciate it if you could update your Enpass app and share your findings with us.

I am still having the issue. The Enpass icon will appear on my keyboard but only autofill email address and not password. 

Apps I'm having issues with are:

Reddit

Amazon

 

My Enpass Version 6.8.5.758

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @BeanBagChair

On some apps and websites, Autofill may not work correctly if the device’s operating system cannot identify the login fields needing to be filled. For such websites, you can also use Enpass keyboard to autofill.

Otherwise, for troubleshooting purposes, please refer to the below steps -

  1. Checkout our troubleshooting guide.
  2. Take a note of your credentials of this webpage and remove the Item that you have saved in your Enpass app. Then, on the login page of this same website, enter your credentials and save as new Item. Once one, try auto-filling again on the same app, and let me know if it works for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @BeanBagChair

On some apps and websites, Autofill may not work correctly if the device’s operating system cannot identify the login fields needing to be filled. For such websites, you can also use Enpass keyboard to autofill.

Otherwise, for troubleshooting purposes, please refer to the below steps -

  1. Checkout our troubleshooting guide.
  2. Take a note of your credentials of this webpage and remove the Item that you have saved in your Enpass app. Then, on the login page of this same website, enter your credentials and save as new Item. Once one, try auto-filling again on the same app, and let me know if it works for you.

Unless Bitwarden has an OS workaround, I do not think it is the operating system that is the issue.  CoCoRaHs is a great example of where Enpass will not fill in the password field but it will work fine with Bitwarden.  I even deleted the CoCoRaHs record from my Enpass and re-added it new.  You can create a free CoCoRaHs account to test it out.  But Enpass will not auto-fill the password on Pixel 7 Pro Android 13.  I have come across other apps that have the same issue which work with Bitwarden.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, chants92 said:

Unless Bitwarden has an OS workaround, I do not think it is the operating system that is the issue.  CoCoRaHs is a great example of where Enpass will not fill in the password field but it will work fine with Bitwarden.  I even deleted the CoCoRaHs record from my Enpass and re-added it new.  You can create a free CoCoRaHs account to test it out.  But Enpass will not auto-fill the password on Pixel 7 Pro Android 13.  I have come across other apps that have the same issue which work with Bitwarden.

Shamefully I can confirm last pass works as well on my pixel 7, for the apps I have issues with enpass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @chants92 @Gator99

Please share the below details with me and I will gladly get this checked for you -

  1. The version of the Enpass app, OS, and browser you are using.
  2. The name/URL of all the apps/webpages on which you are facing this issue.

To be clear, on Window's PC all is working as it should.

 

Android 13 (January 4th 2023 security update)

Pixel 7

Enpass 6.8.5.758

Apps that I know do not pass the password, does autofill the username.  (also your tip on using the enpass keyboard is a workaround but not ideal to switch back and forth)

  1. Vystar Credit Union (app)
  2. Chase for Business (app)
  3. Paypal (app)
  4. Health Equity (app)
  5. T. Rowe Price (app)
  6. Progressive insurance (app)
  7. Vudu/Fandango (app)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @Gator99

Thank you for sharing the details.

I shared them with our testing team, and they were able to reproduce this issue on their end. Our development team is now working on fixing it and improving the behaviour of auto-fill in these instances, and I will be sure to notify you on this forum in case of future updates. We appreciate your support and cooperation in the meantime.

#SI-3243

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/12/2023 at 6:02 AM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @chants92 @Gator99

Please share the below details with me and I will gladly get this checked for you -

  1. The version of the Enpass app, OS, and browser you are using.
  2. The name/URL of all the apps/webpages on which you are facing this issue.

Android 13 (January 4th 2023 security update)

Pixel 7

Enpass 6.8.5.758

CoCoRaHS app - will only fill in user ID

Potbelly Sandwich Works app - will only fill in user ID

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...