Enpass Discussion Forum

Enpass not in background at system start

someenpassuser

Hi all,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your comments. We do monitor all our discussions and this issue is on our priority list. A fix will be available in next week release.

Enpass will always try to do its best to hear out our user's concerns, thanking you all for the support and patience!!

Cheers!!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gulshan Dogra said:

Hi all,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your comments. We do monitor all our discussions and this issue is on our priority list. A fix will be available in next week release.

Enpass will always try to do its best to hear out our user's concerns, thanking you all for the support and patience!!

Cheers!!

with such long-running problems, I don't believe it until I see it, but thanks for the update.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The  shown in foreground issue is finally fixed in the recent update - v6.7.3 (888) MAS. Yey for that :)

There's still a visible flash from Enpass on the screen everytime I log in, but at least it's no longer necessesary to close the unlock window

An entirely invisible (background) startup would be nice and hopefully implemented soon

Mac mini | macOS Big Sur Version 11.5.2

• Like 4

10 hours ago, NJL said:

The  shown in foreground issue is finally fixed in the recent update - v6.7.3 (888) MAS. Yey for that :)

There's still a visible flash from Enpass on the screen everytime I log in, but at least it's no longer necessesary to close the unlock window

An entirely invisible (background) startup would be nice and hopefully implemented soon

Mac mini | macOS Big Sur Version 11.5.2

I can confirm that. It seems like a quick fix. I hope it will start invisible after another update.

• Like 3

On 9/11/2021 at 1:59 PM, Specter said:

I can confirm that. It seems like a quick fix. I hope it will start invisible after another update.

I can also confirm, the problem is finally resolved.

I wouldn't call the fix quick, 10 months after the release of the final version of macOS Big Sur. ;-)

I can confirm the flashing of the window. It seems like a dirty workaround rather than a real fix.

But anyway, better than nothing. ;-)

@Enpass team

have you already tested macOS 12 Monterey Beta 6?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Funnily enough, I also just updated this week from 11.6.2 (Big Sur) to 12.1 (Monterey), but luckily I have no problems with Enpass.
But there is still the flashing of the window at the autostart of Enpass. It still seems like a dirty workaround rather than a real fix.

btw. Monterey is not 10.12.1 => its 12.x

Catalina (10.15.x) wars the last OSX / macOS 10 Version :D

Big Sur wars the first 11.x Version.

Hi mrc247, thanks for your correction - yes, I meant macOS 12 / Monterey. I won't forget that now.

Overall, the Enpass-Chrome interaction looks like a real tinkering solution. After restarting my MBP, I don't seem to have the problem anymore either.

For a long time under BigSur, however, I always had to unlock the EnPass container first before I started Chrome, otherwise it wouldn't work. It's strange that such a topic cannot be handled for such a long time gets - does not speak for Enpass :-(

• 11 months later...

I upgraded my iMac to macOS 13.1 (Ventura) and you can guess...

...that's right, the problem that has existed for almost 3 years now, that Enpass jumps to the foreground at system start, is unfortunately back.

I would open a case with Enpass Support, but unfortunately the cases I open, for example because of the Dropbox Sync. Problem, either not answered at all or they are simply closed unresolved.

Therefore, here again the impressive request to the moderators to forward the problem to the development team.

The problem was first reported in January 2020 in this thread. The problem was only fixed by Enpass in September 2021. However, as I pointed out in 2021, this was obviously just a dirty workaround rather than a real fix because you saw the Enpass window flash briefly at every start.

I hereby ask Enpass to solve the problem with a real fix.
I have a number of software in the autostart and all of them start without jumping to the foreground, e.g. Dropbox, HueSync, LuLu, AltTab, etc.
For example, you can also configure apps like Safari in the login objects and even start them minimized in the background if you want.

Please Enpass Team, it can't be that hard if other developers can do it too.

Hi @mrc247

As previously mentioned, we recommend either creating a ticket on our email channel or our forums. It helps us to track the concern/query with ease meaning quicker responses from support. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Regarding the concern you are facing, could you please share the version of the Enpass app as well and I will let our dedicated team know.

2 hours ago, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @mrc247

As previously mentioned, we recommend either creating a ticket on our email channel or our forums. It helps us to track the concern/query with ease meaning quicker responses from support. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

Regarding the concern you are facing, could you please share the version of the Enpass app as well and I will let our dedicated team know.

latest GA version (of course)

macOS 13.1

Safari 16.2

Enpass 6.8.4 (1166)

• 3 months later...
On 12/19/2022 at 12:09 PM, Abhishek Dewan said:

Hi @mrc247

I have forwarded this concern to our dedicated testing team and will get back to you soon with an update. Your patience in the meantime is appreciated.

What is the status of this issue? Unfortunately it still exists.

in the meantime the thread and the problem had its 3 year old birthday.

So happy birthday!

Edited by mrc247