Enpass Discussion Forum

Open multiple vaults

frostsake

• 2 weeks later...
On 19.5.2017 at 1:40 PM, Anshu kumar said:

I know you guys have been waiting for multi vault feature for a long time but is gonna take some more time and will be available to you in the next major update (Enpass 6). Till then I request you to please co-operate with us.

You are talking about Enpass 6 for a while and espacially about the feature for supporting multiple vaults. Not only in this thread. It's a so important feature. I switched to Enpass a while ago from 1Password and use it with WebDAV Sync on different plattforms. But the migration is still ongoing because of this missing sharing feature. :-(

Any kind of news would be really cool.

Edited by Sebastian Bauer
  • Like 1

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey guys,

I understand how eagerly you must be waiting for the update. Though, I can't assure you of an ETA yet I can say that the most requested and desired features are being implemented and it'll be worth the wait.B|   

Stay tuned on Twitter (@EnpassApp) and Facebook for more updates!   

• 3 weeks later...

+1

My plan was to switch from 1Password to Enpass over all my platforms (Linux, Windows, macOS, Android, iOS), but the faulty import process of opvault exports and the missing multi vault support unfortunately stopped my intentions for the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I, too, am looking to move from 1Password.  Really tired of them...

I see that Multiple open vaults will (hopefully) be available in Version 6.  Will that also include Shared Vaults?  This is a required feature for my wife and I.  We have a few internet accounts that we share and like to keep them in a shared vault that is synced.

Also, how can I go about getting on the Beta when it is released in May?  If I can see some progress in the Beta, I am willing to pay for your solution at that point.

Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @JSF

Thanks for writing in.

12 hours ago, JSF said:

I see that Multiple open vaults will (hopefully) be available in Version 6.  Will that also include Shared Vaults?  This is a required feature for my wife and I.  We have a few internet accounts that we share and like to keep them in a shared vault that is synced.

Yes, the option to create shared vaults will be available with the update. 

12 hours ago, JSF said:

Also, how can I go about getting on the Beta when it is released in May?  If I can see some progress in the Beta, I am willing to pay for your solution at that point.

You can subscribe to our beta program here https://www.enpass.io/beta-program/  and we will notify you with the instructions to get the Beta of Enpass 6 which will probably be available as a separate app until the final release.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Akash Vyas

Hey @Prateek Grover

Thanks for writing in.

2 hours ago, Prateek Grover said:

When can we expect beta launch for Enpass 6?

We're working on it and as we've already mentioned in our blog, we'll be rolling out the beta by the end of May 2018.

2 hours ago, Prateek Grover said:

Also, on my Mac app, I do not see any option to check for beta updates. Can you guide me through?

Beta updates on the MacOS are only available in the version of the app downloaded from our website. If you're using the version downloaded from the App Store, there's no option to enable the beta updates.

Cheers!   

• 3 months later...

Beta 6 allows multiple vaults, BUT ONLY 1 VAULT PER SYNC ACCOUNT. Sigh - that is still limiting.

I would like to have 2 vaults in my family's sync drive: a vault for the whole family (including teens, for common accounts like Netflix, etc.) and a vault for parents only (for bank accounts, etc.). It makes sense to have them both on the same sync account, but Beta 6 can't do this. 

Edited by lost

On 7/27/2018 at 1:30 PM, lost said:

Beta 6 allows multiple vaults, BUT ONLY 1 VAULT PER SYNC ACCOUNT. Sigh - that is still limiting.

I would like to have 2 vaults in my family's sync drive: a vault for the whole family (including teens, for common accounts like Netflix, etc.) and a vault for parents only (for bank accounts, etc.). It makes sense to have them both on the same sync account, but Beta 6 can't do this. 

:(

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2018 at 1:30 PM, lost said:

Seriously?  That's nonsensical.  I guess that means Enpass will have to fall completely off my radar until they figure out how to do things properly.

Hi All,

Multiple vaults in Enpas 6 need to be synchronized with a separate cloud account and by different cloud, we mean different accounts, not services. You can have multiple accounts on one service like Dropbox and set up multiple Vaults. To know more about multiple vaults please read the blog post here.

While I appreciate the clarification, the need to have a separate account for each vault is still ridiculous.  Looking at my 1Password, I currently have 20 different vaults set up and I expect that to continue to increase over time.  The idea that I would need to make and maintain 20+ different dropbox accounts for each vault is flat out unacceptable. 

To my knowledge, every one of the cloud providers you support is capable of sharing individual subfolders within a given account.  If you had, at a minimum, separated the vaults into individual subfolders, then that would still have been fine.  This is how 1password does it, for example.

Password management needs to be as effortless as possible, and the way multiple vaults have been currently implemented places an absurd and unnecessary burden upon users.  I will be sticking with 1Password for now.

4 hours ago, Vikram Dabas said:

Hi All,

Multiple vaults in Enpas 6 need to be synchronized with a separate cloud account and by different cloud, we mean different accounts, not services. You can have multiple accounts on one service like Dropbox and set up multiple Vaults. To know more about multiple vaults please read the blog post here.

Hi Vikram, Thanks for your attention.

I have read the blog post you mentioned, but it doesn't explain how to share a vault with other people.

Can you please explain how vault sharing works? 

I've tried opening a new vault on dropbox, but Enpass 6 created an "Enpass Beta" folder that cannot be shared.  And in Google Drive I couldn't even find the folder Enpass 6 created, so I can't try to share it either.  

Thats the most careless feature implementation after all those user stories mentioned here. Not to be harsh but thats just... not working out. Simple example: 1 vault for social media accounts, 1 for network access to servers. Same business Dropbox. You suggest that this would only work when I buy another 15/m account for myself to load both of them in this environment?

I thought the generel idea was to have multiple vaults regardless of their location. I dont recall anyone here looking for a way to have one vault per cloud provider. Who would even use that right now? Multiple vaults != Shared vaults.

• 1 year later...